Monday, January 17, 2011

Question of the week 1/17: Ask yourself: "What one thing I’ve been thinking about doing for a while, that I keep putting off because I’m afraid?"

Question of the week 1/17: Ask yourself: "What one thing I’ve been thinking about doing for a while, that I keep putting off because I’m afraid?"


What risk do you need to take to take your screenplay to the next level? You might want to:

• Ask someone for a referral.

• Ask someone to be a mentor.

• Set up a meeting with a potential mentor to get advice about taking your screenwriting career to the next level.

• Target a contest to enter.

• Query a producer, agent or manager.

• Set a date for a workshop you want to attend.

• Share a creative dream with others (supportive people only!).

• Start the new script you've been meaning to write.

• Finish a screenplay you have let collect dust.

Yes, you may face rejection, but what's the alternative? It's a mediocre life that comes from playing it safe.
Use this blog as a catalyst for taking action. Face your fear head on and take the risk!

Write right and write on!

No comments: