Friday, November 18, 2005

EXPO'd out!

Hi all,

I've returned from the 4th annual Screenwriting EXPO in LA. There were over 4000 screenwriters in attendance, none stop activity from 8am until midnight or longer if you could hang. Very exhausting but the air was filled with so much inspiration and motivation. If you didn't have a chance to go, I would seriously consider going next year. I have a lot of information that I need to transcribe. When I do, perhaps after the holidays, I'll share it with you. What was so great about this conference is that you were able to meet face-to-face working screenwriters and producers in the industry. It's not every day that you can participate in a 1.5 hour talk with an Emmy nominated television writer or chat over cocktails with one of the writer's of Scary Movie or be able to rub elbows with a top producer who just may say, I like that idea, send me the script or spend the day at Fox Studios where you actually feel like you are one of the ones who have earned the priviledge of being there. What about meeting Shane Black and prescreening his latest movie? All of that and more happened at the EXPO. It was an unforgettable experience and has given me the extra umph to continue to pursue the dream and the motivation to do it.

Best wishes in all your creative endeavors.

Write on!

Natasha

PS.
Would you believe that at one of the cocktail parties, I actually met Chris Soth,a produced screenwriter and teacher who has hit the million dollar mark. When he sat down at my table, I had no idea that he had been where I hope to be...on the screen and a million dollars richer. The odd thing is that he has a website called Milliondollarscreenwriting. Who'd a thunk it? We hit it off immediately. He's such a nice guy and has a great method on sequencing called the Mini Movie Method that will be revolutionary to the entire screenwriting process. This guy is the McKee for our generation. Check out the site when you have a chance: www.milliondollarscreenwriting.com

PS.
Be sure to check back after the first of the year for my notes from the workshops I took.

1 comment:

princessdominique said...

Great website and blog. I'll be keeping an eye out for your stuff!